Other Recent Articles

Android tablets and pesky passwords

By Anonymous on Wednesday, January 25, 2012 0 comments

Android tablets and pesky passwords



I have an Archos tablet PC, which was set-up to access my Gmail account. However, I have changed my Gmail password on my laptop, which works fine, but I do not seem able to set it up to also receive them on the Archos. Whatever I do, I get either a message saying ‘user name or password is incorrect’.
D.J. Wilshire
You can’t easily delete or change Gmail account on an Android device without carrying out a full reset, which would result in all of your data being lost. To cut a long story short this is because Google developed Android, and you need an account to be able to access the Google Marketplace to download apps. However, there is a simple workaround and that’s to open a second Gmail account, using the new password. In theory you can then remove the old account, however, you may find that it deletes the messages and contacts associated with the existing account, so I would leave it alone.





By Rick Maybury7:00AM GMT 25 Jan 2012
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/advice/9028867/Android-tablets-and-pesky-passwords.html

Category: Tech Reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment