Other Recent Articles

Can I use the same hard drive on my TV and PC?

By Anonymous on Wednesday, January 25, 2012 0 comments

A reader has formatting problems


My TV has a facility to accept a hard drive via a USB port. I connected one and formatted it using the TV as instructed. I now no longer need it on the TV and want to use it with my PC. The PC installs it and announces it is ‘Ready to use’, but doesn't allocate a drive letter. Although the drive appears in all the various lists and is reported to be working properly, I can find no way of accessing it to reformat it for the PC.

Gus Blanchard, by email

Plug in the drive then go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management. In the lower right hand pane scroll down to find your removable drive, right-click on the shaded area and select Change Drive Letter and Path, assign it a letter then go back to the right-click menu and select Format.




By Rick Maybury7:00AM GMT 24 Jan 2012
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/advice/9028547/Can-I-use-the-same-hard-drive-on-my-TV-and-PC.html

Category: Tech Reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment